Welcome to nifse
NIFSE VASAI has its solely aim and onerous responsibilities to impart good quality of education training with bias on practical situation through interactive participation of students and faculty as well as combined practical and teaching methods with well laid out ground drills, modern fire fighting equipment at the institute and produce well qualified Fire Safety Professionals.
Fire and Safety
Fire safety is the set of practices intended to reduce the destruction caused by fire. Fire safety measures include those that are intended to prevent ignition of an uncontrolled fire, and those that are used to limit the development and effects of a fire after it starts.Fire safety measures include those that are planned during the construction of a building or implemented in structures that are already standing, and those that are taught to occupants of the building. Threats to fire safety are commonly referred to as fire hazards. A fire hazard may include a situation that increases the likelihood of a fire or may impede escape in the event a fire occurs. Fire safety is often a component of building safety. Those who inspect buildings for violations of the Fire Code and go into schools to educate children on Fire Safety topics are fire department members known as Fire Prevention Officers. The Chief Fire Prevention Officer or Chief of Fire Prevention will normally train newcomers to the Fire Prevention Division and may also conduct inspections or make presentations.
- Government Recognized
- ISO 9001-2008 certified
- International recognised
- Audio video class room
- Highly qualified faculty
- Fire station visit
- Industrial Visit
Common Fire Hazards
- Improper use and maintenance of gas stoves often create fire hazards.
- Kitchen fires from unattended cooking, such as frying, boiling, and simmering
- Electrical systems that are overloaded, resulting in hot wiring or connections or failed components
- Combustible storage areas with insufficient protection
- Combustibles near equipment that generates heat, flame, or sparks
- Candles and other open flames
- Smoking (Cigarettes, cigars, pipes, lighters, etc.)
- Equipment that generates heat and utilizes combustible materials
- Flammable liquids and aerosols
- Flammable solvents (and rags soaked with solvent) placed in enclosed trash cans
- Fireplace chimneys not properly or regularly cleaned
- Cooking appliances - stoves, ovens
- Heating appliances - fireplaces, wood burning stoves, furnaces, boilers, portable heaters
- Household appliances - clothes dryers, curling irons, hair dryers, refrigerators, freezers
- Chimneys that concentrate creosote
- Electrical wiring in poor condition
- Leaking Batteries
- Personal ignition sources - matches, lighters
- Electronic and electrical equipment
Importance of Health and Safety
- SAFETY PROGRAMS CREATE PRODUCTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENTS
- Properly managed safety programs show commitment to safety by the management in turn creating a great safety culture where everyone ‘wants’ to be safe.
- ABSENTEEISM DROPS WHEN EFFECTIVE SAFETY PROGRAMS ARE INTRODUCED
- Workers want to work in a safe environment; absenteeism drops when effective safety programs are introduced.
- WORK PREMISES ARE KEPT TO HIGHER STANDARDS
- Work premises are kept to higher standards for safety, cleanliness, and housekeeping
- A SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT PRODUCES HAPPIER EMPLOYEES
- A safe work environment produces happier employees; everyone wants to go home safe each day.
- EMPLOYEE INSURANCE CLAIMS DECREASE IN SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENTS
- Worker Compensation insurance claims decrease, in turn lowering WCB Rates. This is a benefit to any company that has to pre-qualify to work; a lower rate gives you a better grade with your clients.
- A COMPANY’S MOST VALUABLE ASSET IS PROTECTED — its people
- SAFETY PROGRAMS CREATE AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS ARE CONSIDERED, ENCOURAGED AND IMPLEMENTED
- In turn, workers feel like they are part of the safety solution.
- SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENTS ENHANCE THE BRAND VALUE AND GOODWILL FOR A COMPANY
- Enables a company to win and retain business customers. Clients want to work with companies that are safe (less downtime due to incidents).
- SAFETY REDUCES BUSINESS COSTS AND DISRUPTION
- Reducing business costs creates productive work environments.
Scope and Career in Fire and Safety
DIP/SO/FO/ADVANCE DIP/PG/B.Sc./MBA Fire & Safety Engineering Course as a career option is fast catching up with the students in India. Whereas in abroad, Safety is an integral part of most of university programs. It is in fact an index of industrial growth. A rough assessment of the Industrial & Government demand puts the requirement at over 12,000 Safety personnel every year. The stage is similar to the advent of the computer revolution 7 years back.
Safety Engineering is a field to which all aspects of Science & Technical knowledge pertaining to Fire & Safety is linked. It involves study of subjects that deals with the designing of safer fire resistant equipment and plants; its hazards and control measures in various associated engineering subjects; Managerial functions which aid in managing a fire fighting along with other psychological grooming required to make a self-reliant Fire Safety/supervisors/ Engineer/Construction Safety Officer/Environment Officer.
Gulf is the biggest fire prone area in the world, because it has the largest storage of oil. Undoubtedly the highest budget of fire prevention and fire protection spent in the world is in the Gulf. They prevent fire by increasing the safety awareness of the people. That translates into thousands of job openings in the field of Safety as Safety Engineers, officers & Supervisors. They also reduce the risk of fire by installing the latest of fire protection systems. As a result the largest installed base of fire protection systems in the world is the Gulf. This translates into thousands of people required in designing, installing, servicing of the fire protection systems.
Anybody looking for a career in computer today is merely adding to the completion, not creating a great opportunity as the initial batches would have. So Fire& Safety engineering Course gives you a 10 years head start as compared to the other fields.
Main advantage of FIRE & SAFETY ENGINEERING over other Technical Fields:
Undoubtedly SALARY!!! The main attraction of this course is the high salary this course you can fetch in India or abroad especially if you are a 10th pass/undergraduate or graduate The average starting salaries in India that our students are drawing is between 12000/- to 18000/- . At International airports between 15000/- to 18000/- O.N.G.C 8000/- to 11000/-,dock yard 10000/- to 13000/- L & T 15000/- to 20000/- abroad thousands of our ex-students are drawing 80000/- plus average salaries.
1. All of a sudden safety has become very important. This is because of the governmental rules (factory act 1948) implemented for making safety strict in establishments. The recent adoption of constructional Safety Act 1996 by parliament has made appointment of safety officers/supervisors/engineer compulsory at all construction sites& industrial sector. As a result a flood gate of opportunities is opening up in India. Abroad, especially in the Gulf safety is a very strict norm. As a result they require thousands of people there as safety supervisors /officers.
2. It is a highly paid job. In India the start salary is in the range of 12000/- to 18000/- per month depending upon paying capacity of the company. Abroad it is in the range of Rs.65000/- to Rs.80000/-
3. It is a job with high status. A safety supervisor/officer is a highly respected person in his office. He works with dignity and it is always a management position.